Birthday at Sea
I wrote a poem for my man for his birthday today and wanted to share it with you. It is titled "Birthday at Sea".
....achem...
Birthday at Sea
Your first birthday at sea,
Let's both agree
Has the potential to be topsy-turvey.
You love being underway,
but I just have to say,
It is possible you come home with scurvy.
~~~
All the adventures you've had, I know you are glad
For the stories are all from the Lord;
He loves you so much, all the surfing and such,
Above and beyond the wildest reward.
~~~
No candles, nothing to bake, and likely no cake,
Just a look at the moon in the sky
But it's okay, "Almost Home" I say,
And that's more than money can buy.
~~~
Nick I love you, it is time, it is true
To celebrate your twenty-ninth year,
Coming home from afar, my sailor you are,
I'll be waiting for you on the pier!
~~~
I send you more speed, or whatever you need,
Praying sea conditions don't worsen;
All I can say - I can't wait for the day,
When I yell "Happy Birthday!" in person!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed. Now my next thought....HOW AM I GOING TO SLEEP TONIGHT?
-becky
....achem...
Birthday at Sea
Your first birthday at sea,
Let's both agree
Has the potential to be topsy-turvey.
You love being underway,
but I just have to say,
It is possible you come home with scurvy.
~~~
All the adventures you've had, I know you are glad
For the stories are all from the Lord;
He loves you so much, all the surfing and such,
Above and beyond the wildest reward.
~~~
No candles, nothing to bake, and likely no cake,
Just a look at the moon in the sky
But it's okay, "Almost Home" I say,
And that's more than money can buy.
~~~
Nick I love you, it is time, it is true
To celebrate your twenty-ninth year,
Coming home from afar, my sailor you are,
I'll be waiting for you on the pier!
~~~
I send you more speed, or whatever you need,
Praying sea conditions don't worsen;
All I can say - I can't wait for the day,
When I yell "Happy Birthday!" in person!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed. Now my next thought....HOW AM I GOING TO SLEEP TONIGHT?
-becky
Great poem Becky...Love when you write..coming home from afar, my sailor you are, I'll be waitng for you on the pier!! What a incredible celebration for both of you!
ReplyDelete