Remembering God's Faithfulness
In the Bible, we see so many celebrations and festivals that God told the people to do each year to commemorate what the Lord had done, to remember His faithfulness. My favorite part - there always seems to be a feast involved.
Well today, three years ago, the Lord gave us a day to remember. That beautiful (out of the ordinary) late April Saturday where we pledged our lives to each other on those steps overlooking the beach of Carpinteria. What a surreal weekend it was for both of us.
Today, I woke up to a gift, an email from Nick that just blessed me tremendously. God is in every detail of our lives. The incredible part is, even though we are separated this year, I am still with family! My brother Craig is here staying with me (another post to come on that later).
If you would, it would really bless me if you would send me a comment or email with a memory you had from our wedding day or weekend. I would love to hear one of yours, the first one that comes to mind! We have to set these dates aside as special, not to spend money on ourselves or gloat in our own doings, but to rejoice in all the Lord has done and what He has given us.
Can't wait to hear from you!
Well today, three years ago, the Lord gave us a day to remember. That beautiful (out of the ordinary) late April Saturday where we pledged our lives to each other on those steps overlooking the beach of Carpinteria. What a surreal weekend it was for both of us.
Today, I woke up to a gift, an email from Nick that just blessed me tremendously. God is in every detail of our lives. The incredible part is, even though we are separated this year, I am still with family! My brother Craig is here staying with me (another post to come on that later).
If you would, it would really bless me if you would send me a comment or email with a memory you had from our wedding day or weekend. I would love to hear one of yours, the first one that comes to mind! We have to set these dates aside as special, not to spend money on ourselves or gloat in our own doings, but to rejoice in all the Lord has done and what He has given us.
Can't wait to hear from you!
Well the first memory that comes to my mind was when all of us girls were in that little room off the patio and you were given a letter and the diamond starfish necklace from Nick. You started to cry and then all us girls started to cry. It was a very sweet moment. I also remember that Daniel S was there and thinking uh? I wonder if he is chechecking out meems! ! Kind of like when I met you Becks and thought you would be perfect for nick! And yes you are!! Happy Anniversary you two. We love you so! Love mom and dad
ReplyDeleteYes Becky I remember this day, 3 years ago...I remember it with much joy and anticipation. I guess the first memory is how deeply you looked into each others eyes during the ceremony...then feeling as though I was intruding on the two of you when you gave each other your first kiss! What a beautiful moment that was.
ReplyDeleteSince you mentioned FEAST in your post I will jump right to the amazing dessert feast you two gave to all your guests...from the s'more bar, to the chocolate fountain, to the jars of candy...oh my I felt as though I was in my version of heaven!!
I love you Becky and know that because of J's prayer (you know 'the' prayer) the Lord put you and Nick together, for each other and for His glory!!!
You have such a pure and honest heart....it blesses me each time you share your appreciation as you always give the glory and honor to HIM!!!! Happy Anniverary to Nick and Becky.....
oh how i can't believe it's been 3 years! first of all great job you two for the hard times you put up with (the time apart) for all this time! the Lord truly is blessing you for it!
ReplyDeleteI remember the beauty of the day! it was so warm and perfect. (today by the way was the exact same weather). I remember just as jules did, the time us girls cried from the note and necklace! i just remember being so excited for the two of you to be married! it was such an awesome day!
love love love you!