I ran my first 5k!

My goals:
1) to actually run a 5k
2) to do it without stopping (no walking)
3) to do it in under 35-40 minutes.

I did it!! I ran 3.1 miles in 32 minutes 15 seconds!
It was a really cool experience and such a great accomplishment to have beat my expectations!
(before)

It was AMAZING because the run was put on by River of Life Mission, which is a Christian organization that helps to feed and love on the hungry and homeless on Oahu. There was prayer beforehand and worship music playing during the race - How cool is that?!?!

I found a girl to take my and Ashley's before and after photos on her phone ;)

As Hebrews says, "Run with endurance the race that is set before us..." 

Finished!!! (and TIRED!)

Comments

  1. B!!! you look amazing!!! I am sooo proud of you, really, it's so wonderful that you accomplished this just you and the Lord, setting a goal and reaching it, so satisfying with HIM! Your man is probably beaming with pride as he reads this :))
    xo
    love j

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

unpacked :)