The day Nick Dellar asked

Four years ago today my life changed in the most incredible way possible. Nick Dellar asked me to be his girlfriend...

It was at Hammonds - He took me down that beautiful little walk way, down to the beach. We walked for a while, then when we got back onto the path and I noticed he had sat down at one of the benches looking over the surf there. I quickly realized I should go sit down next to him.

Now let me make a note here: Up to this point we had never, not ever held hands. Not once.

He grabbed my hand that day, interlocked his fingers into mine and said "The real reason I brought you out here..." and went on to ask me to be his girlfriend. I am getting giddy and smiley just typing this. I was overjoyed! It was so incredible to finally hold each others hand (do you know that feeling?!) and just hug and enjoy that moment! I had been holding in and hiding how much I LOVED him for quite some time and it was so relieving to know he felt the same way. It was a beautiful Monday evening August 8, 2006...

A few pictures from "way" back then :)

Comments

  1. so sweet...so special...so nic...so becky...thanks for sharing your special memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Becks... this is sooo fun! I so appreciate you taking us down such a fun memory lane! Happy Dating Anniversary xo love,love,love it!
    xo
    jmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That had me all teary-eyed...wonderful, beautiful story of how you guys started dating. I love you guys and miss you! Hugs from Oregon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free