Party of 6
And boy was it a party!
The last three weeks, we have been spending time with our family, the Dellar's and the Hargroves. It was such a sweet time for all of us to spend time together! The first two weeks were in Kona and the next two, everyone came to us on Oahu!
~Our time in Kona~
The last three weeks, we have been spending time with our family, the Dellar's and the Hargroves. It was such a sweet time for all of us to spend time together! The first two weeks were in Kona and the next two, everyone came to us on Oahu!
~Our time in Kona~
Taking time off to really relax and put no pressure on yourself to accomplish much is truly a luxury. I realized this was Nick and my first real vacation (where you don't have to do anything) since our honeymoon! I mean we have taken some AMAZING trips since being here, and we have had time off together, but this was time off where we could really unplug and just do things as they came; Each morning waking up with no real plan, just doing whatever we felt like doing. We did not lay around everyday, all day long... but here is a typical day: Waking up, not to an alarm clock, but to the smell of freshly brewed coffee or chattering from the kitchen (I love waking up this way. I have so many memories of waking up that way at Dad's house, Cheryl having her freshly brewed coffee in hand and Dad having already worked a few hours). Then, we would peruse the news to see what was happening in the world - Have some breakfast while sitting outside on the patio. Then eventually someone would start throwing out ideas of possible day's events (usually nick and dale). Then we all grab our suits, jump in the car and head for a beach with lunch packed and ready. Doesnt that sound great!?!?! Well, there is space available at the Hotel de Dellar if anyone is interested...
Can I also say, it was so nice to just sit in front of the TV! Such a treat for Nick and I! :) I totally got hooked on "Next FoodNetwork Star" as well as some history channel specials (Dad you would be proud). AND get this! Julia had a whole shelf in the pantry marked with a "DO NOT EAT - for Nick and Becky" sign and all sorts of Trader Joe's goodies that the Norris family had sent along for us- so amazing! We have enjoyed every bite!
Quite a few nights Julia was really in a lot of pain (tooth!) and grandma's casted wrist was itching so we started to play cards...Phase 10. We were hooked! We played almost every day.
While in Kona we also got to go to the YWAM base. I was so blessed to be there to see Julia and Dale go there for the first time, a place where they have spent a tremendous amount of time in prayer, but not yet in person. We got to sit in on a teaching (it was about dreams and visions - that will have to be another post), and then the next night for the sending out of DTS teams into the nations. So incredible! It was so refreshing to worship in the presence of the Lord in that setting. I feel like that was the punch of encouragement that has carried me for the last few weeks.
Since I am writing in quite a bit of detail, I am going to break this into a multi-post event and tell you about our time on Oahu tomorrow ;)
There is quite a bit going on right now for so many that I know. I hope this finds you blessed with peace, even from within the storm.Our God is Faithful.
Can I also say, it was so nice to just sit in front of the TV! Such a treat for Nick and I! :) I totally got hooked on "Next FoodNetwork Star" as well as some history channel specials (Dad you would be proud). AND get this! Julia had a whole shelf in the pantry marked with a "DO NOT EAT - for Nick and Becky" sign and all sorts of Trader Joe's goodies that the Norris family had sent along for us- so amazing! We have enjoyed every bite!
Quite a few nights Julia was really in a lot of pain (tooth!) and grandma's casted wrist was itching so we started to play cards...Phase 10. We were hooked! We played almost every day.
While in Kona we also got to go to the YWAM base. I was so blessed to be there to see Julia and Dale go there for the first time, a place where they have spent a tremendous amount of time in prayer, but not yet in person. We got to sit in on a teaching (it was about dreams and visions - that will have to be another post), and then the next night for the sending out of DTS teams into the nations. So incredible! It was so refreshing to worship in the presence of the Lord in that setting. I feel like that was the punch of encouragement that has carried me for the last few weeks.
Since I am writing in quite a bit of detail, I am going to break this into a multi-post event and tell you about our time on Oahu tomorrow ;)
There is quite a bit going on right now for so many that I know. I hope this finds you blessed with peace, even from within the storm.Our God is Faithful.
I feel like I was a fly on the wall after your posting...what a special time of family of all shared!!! Can't wait to see photos!
ReplyDeletepictures please!!!!!! glad to hear all you did!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete