Nature's Kitchen: 1st Post!
Hi there!
I have decided that I am going to start posting a summary on each chapter in my new favorite book, Nature’s Kitchen.

Each week (or so) I will post a summary of that week’s chapter and then pose some questions for you and I to answer and start some discussion. I am so excited because I have been learning so much about diet, health, and overall well-being a lot in the past year and this book really is a culmination of those discussions with scripture to back it up! I want you all to know – I am still learning J I feel like I have just scratched the surface of this whole conversation. Please plan to join us here each week for the discussion and I want your comments and personal experiences! I want to learn from all of you.
Here is the introduction to the book. I wanted to post it here in case you wanted to read it and learn more about the authors' perspectives (Click on the picture to make it bigger and more readable).

It might get a little wordy, but pull up a chair, grab a pen and paper and let's get readin’!
To start us off, Chapter one is pretty short. Next post will be a bit more lengthy.
Chapter 1 - Diet and Disease: Is there a connection?
Hosea 4:6 – My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…”
This first chapter is a compilation of research done in the nutrition field and how what we eat is linked to disease. This all seems to be more common in discussion today, but a large majority of society does not change the way that they eat as a result!
Since most of this research is rather outdated (from 1983) I will not include it here. But to start off my first post, I would like to hear from you all what experience you or someone close to you may have had beating disease with nutrition. I have a few living examples myself, but I would like to hear what you have read, heard, experienced.
Please leave a comment with your thoughts!
Next post: Total Health - A Heritage of the Lord (Really like this chapter!)
OOOOOH! I can't wait to get started on all these chapters. Don't have a comment about nutrition and disease first hand I think, but I will say that I am on board with the thinking that what we can eat will effect our disease sesceptibility.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord for this book!
I like this!! of course I have to mention my Mom, even though she has battled in the past with both cancer and then discovering she only had one kidney, if she had not eaten the way she does I think she would have been more vulnerable. Her healthy way of eating has definitely worked in her favor!
ReplyDeletexo
j
J - I was waiting for you to post about Grandma H :) I need to ask her for more details of her story next time I talk to her.
ReplyDelete