"I'm not who I was"
This is a post I have been meaning to share for a few weeks now.
There is this song called "I'm not who I was" by Brandon Heath. Ever since I heard it the first time it really grabbed my heart. Upon listening the lyrics, I realize he is talking to someone in his past, telling them that he has changed. There is no one in my life that fits that description, but the fact is, I am not who I used to be. God has transformed me! I just think back to who I was when I was younger, sort of through my high school years, before I really knew the Lord and knew His wonderful plans for my life. These lyrics just urge my heart to worship Jesus for what He has saved me from and who He is building me to be! I hope you are encouraged by it too. Maybe I am singing these lyrics to my old self, that I am no longer who I was!\
Please watch the video and listen to the song here.
I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was
I used to be mad at you
A little on the hurt side too
But I'm not who I was
I found my way around
To forgiving you
Some time ago
But I never got to tell you so
I found us in a photograph
I saw me and I had to laugh
You know, I'm not who I was
You were there, you were right above me
And I wonder if you ever loved me
Just for who I was
When the pain came back again
Like a bitter friend
It was all that I could do
To keep myself from blaming you
I reckon it's a funny thing
I figured out I can sing
Now I'm not who I was
I write about love and such
Maybe 'cause I want it so much
I'm not who I was
I was thinking maybe I
I should let you know
I am not the same
But I never did forget your name
Hello
Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about
I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was
There is this song called "I'm not who I was" by Brandon Heath. Ever since I heard it the first time it really grabbed my heart. Upon listening the lyrics, I realize he is talking to someone in his past, telling them that he has changed. There is no one in my life that fits that description, but the fact is, I am not who I used to be. God has transformed me! I just think back to who I was when I was younger, sort of through my high school years, before I really knew the Lord and knew His wonderful plans for my life. These lyrics just urge my heart to worship Jesus for what He has saved me from and who He is building me to be! I hope you are encouraged by it too. Maybe I am singing these lyrics to my old self, that I am no longer who I was!\
Please watch the video and listen to the song here.
I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was
I used to be mad at you
A little on the hurt side too
But I'm not who I was
I found my way around
To forgiving you
Some time ago
But I never got to tell you so
I found us in a photograph
I saw me and I had to laugh
You know, I'm not who I was
You were there, you were right above me
And I wonder if you ever loved me
Just for who I was
When the pain came back again
Like a bitter friend
It was all that I could do
To keep myself from blaming you
I reckon it's a funny thing
I figured out I can sing
Now I'm not who I was
I write about love and such
Maybe 'cause I want it so much
I'm not who I was
I was thinking maybe I
I should let you know
I am not the same
But I never did forget your name
Hello
Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about
I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was
this song has great meaning to me when I first heard it over a year ago, the lyrics are quite powerful and every time i hear it it just rocks me...
ReplyDeletexo
love you!
j
How do people think to write such wonderful & beautiful words. Very powerful. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage and leaving a comment.
ReplyDelete