Saturday fun and a Great Cookbook!
Hi All!
I had a fun Saturday and I wanted to share.
This morning I went to a Coast Guard Spouse Association Tea; a bunch of Coast Guard wives get-together. It was at the home of the District 14's Admiral! (District 14 is all Coast Guard stations in the Hawaiian island and Guam) I learned that each CG Admiral lives in this same house - when their billet is up, the next Admiral moves in. The best part...they live with the Diamond Head Light house in their backyard! It was so beautiful! I will let the pictures tell the rest.
hehe - here is me in the car on the way there! (took this with Nick in mind - Hope you can check the blog from the boat honey!!!)
Walking through their front gate.
Picture yourself looking out your kitchen window...and seeing this!
This is Admiral Brown talking with all of us. He talked about what an integral part the wives are to those serving out at sea - It was nice to hear from him. There were about 60 other women there - Go coastie wives!
It was so nice and warm! haha, Jessica wanted to get my picture.
View from the top of the lighthouse.
:) it was windy up there!
Here are my friends Christine and Jessica. Both their hubby's are on the Jarvis (Jessica who is in white is having her baby in December!)
It was such a treat to be able to do something like this.
Afterward, Jessica and I went to Savers (a Thrift Store) and I found two really cool treasures!
First - I found a cool mercury-finished candle holder/pot from Pottery Barn for $3! :D that made me happy.
Then I went to the cookbook section...I picked up this book and thought it looked interesting.
Opened it noticed it was written in 1983 and read the 'Forward' to see what they were about.
I noticed the "Jesus is Lord" in the signature, which intrigued me more. I end up buying it (obviously) and this book is awesome! They are Christians and have a really powerful passion for health and food - please read this introduction - It is telling Christians to wake up and I love it! PLEASE read this - Click on the image to make it bigger and easier to read (and right now if you are just quickly checking in, please come back when you have 3 minute and actually read this):
Note: Can you ever imagine a cookbook/health food book starting with the sentence, "God is preparing an army - a mighty battalion of believers to wax strong in these last days as the gospel goes forth throughout all the world". I'm Just sayin'!!!
Each chapter has a scripture that goes along with it. There is a chapter called "Total Health; A Heritage of the Lord" and the first sentence says, "We would not presume to write a book on how to have a healthy lifestyle without including the one most important factor: your relationship with God...if God is not at the core of your life, you will never experience total health." So radical! I am so excited to read it. I think I will read a chapter and then blog it - cause I think I may have some readers who would be interested to know!
Love love love to each one of you as you read this.
Becky
This is so amazing. What a find! I can't wait to see some of the recipes! Aunt S will love the sig of the couple who wrote the forward!! :)
ReplyDeleteJ and C are so beautiful, I am so deeply blessed that they are both in your lives and know that God has great purpose in these relationships for HIS glory.
I love you Becks. always and forever so proud of you.
love j
p.s. you are becoming quite the most excellent garage saler. LOVE the mercury glass pot, Meehan has one just like it!!!!
Yes, please blog about the cookbook :o)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun weekend! coastie wives tea! how cute! and special to meet other women who live the life you do without your man. thanks for sharing those great pics.
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE the cookbook! i mean did i say LOVE! this is what bethany roque and i have been sharing for months. i can't wait for her to see this! we as a group should start something similar to this for the 2000's. this is such a needed reminder for us christians. i simply can't say enough how much i LOVE this find of yours! be on the lookout for another!
That first pic of you is gorgeous!!! That looks like a ton of fun and I love your finds!!! What an awesome cookbook, a gift from the lord!! Love you xoxo
ReplyDeleteoh i love love all these beautiful photographs of you!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd how wonderful to see these sweet girls God has brought into your life!
The cookbook... oh I look forward to exerpts and your experiences from each chapter!!! :) :) YAY!!
xoxo,
katee grace