The Lord is Good. I Look back at this past half year, and I see a little more clearly his perfect timing in all things. Although it is difficult being away from home (Hawaii) and My wife for most of the past six months, I really don't think we would trade any of it back. Becky and I truly love the life that the Lord has given us. He knows how to keep us desperate for him. In fact that was one of my prayers to him before Becky and I were married, that we would be constantly desperate for him... well prayer answered . At the same time we are being stretched, he is constantly reminding us of how much he loves us, and how perfect his ways are, through amazing friends, solid teaching in Carp and in the Islands at One Love, and a cozy house on the beach none the less.
Seeing that this paragraph has taken at least twenty minutes or so for me to compose, I will leave you with some photos that I have taken over the past six months. There is no particular rhyme or reason to them, only that they are pictures that I want to share with you.
Familiar Waters. Santa Barbara Channel, with Santa Cruz Island in the back.
Awesome day! Awesome hike! Awesome people! Trev and Bethany we love you guys!
Da Boyz! Nuff said bruddah!
Fish Call! Mahi Mahi 200 nm off oahu.
Swim Call! Thats 2283 fathoms of water below me, for all you land lubbers, thats 1300 ft.
Here are some updated Pictures of our lovely home.
The 4th
Welcome home Nick...your post may have taken 20 minutes to write but what a wealth of emotions you expressed! Thank you for sharing with us your love for the Lord, your wife and what you value in life!! Photos are awesome! Your backflip looks VERY scary and your home is adorable!! I love you both!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. my word verification to post this was 'bless'!!! May the Lord continue to BLESS you Nick and Becky!
I love all the pics and your sharing of your heart. I pray you will continue to be desperate for the lord! Your house looks amazing and we can't wait to come visit one of these days! Keep up the blogging we love feeling a part of your life in hawaii! Love you both xoxo
ReplyDeleteLoved,loved,loved, taking a virtual tour of your home and am so happy for your new outdoor dining area!
ReplyDeleteI love that candle holder on the umbrella! Pier one?! I saw that there and wanted to get one so bad, so happy to see you got it, it looks beautiful! Really proud of both of you, your home even through pictures reflects the love with which it is being built and the gift you both have been given of making a house a home no matter where you are!
Love to you both,
Mom
xoox
the Lord, HE is faithful....
love your thoughts, your pics, and the both of you!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing...