Home Sweet Home
So I got to talked with Nick last night - actually, we did an iChat, where we use video and get to see each other while we talk! While we were talking I say "Gosh, I need to blog!" and Nick says, "We can just do it when I come home..." :) SO I think I am going to wait for him to get back.
Which is next week! Crazy how each time we are apart, I still get those butterflies in my stomach thinking about the first time I get to see him again.
It is so amazing all the people I have been BLESSED to see since getting back here! I arrived on a Wednesday. Thursday I got to have lunch with the Kasmar's since they had a 3 hour layover at our airport! That was so awesome to see them, fresh off their honeymoon.. Love you Guys!!
Then Friday I met up with my roommate from college and her husband for dinner in downtown Waikiki. They were having a block party (closed off the main road) with shave-ice, all sorts of food and multiple stages with music and dancing. While they are driving me back to our house, I get a phone call from my Bethany and Luke at the Oahu airport, with a canceled flight and no where to go... I LOVE IT!!! So I run down to pick them up - what a sweet reunion that was! They have been abroad for the last 3-4 months and it was an incredible joy to get to spend time with them. A whole day! I got to be with them for a full Saturday! and we had a wonderful time; sleep in, run out for a coffee, head to the beach, a drive to North Shore for Kua 'aina burgers...It could not have been any cooler.
SO! The Lord has been providing for me left and right. I come home to a house that is in great shape (not too many geikos, thank you Jesus!), a Target that is 5 miles away, and the beauty of God's creation!!
I could go on and on... It has been wonderful coming back.
Okay - so next week I get to go to the harbor and wait for the Jarvis to pull into port! the last time Nick was underway I picked him up from the airport, so I am excited to experience waiting on the dock! I think it will feel like an old movie, where the lady is waiting on the dock with all the people as they patienly wait for thier loved ones... :) so I will take lots of pictures of that.
sending a bunch of hugs from an excited wife!
Becky
Which is next week! Crazy how each time we are apart, I still get those butterflies in my stomach thinking about the first time I get to see him again.
It is so amazing all the people I have been BLESSED to see since getting back here! I arrived on a Wednesday. Thursday I got to have lunch with the Kasmar's since they had a 3 hour layover at our airport! That was so awesome to see them, fresh off their honeymoon.. Love you Guys!!
Then Friday I met up with my roommate from college and her husband for dinner in downtown Waikiki. They were having a block party (closed off the main road) with shave-ice, all sorts of food and multiple stages with music and dancing. While they are driving me back to our house, I get a phone call from my Bethany and Luke at the Oahu airport, with a canceled flight and no where to go... I LOVE IT!!! So I run down to pick them up - what a sweet reunion that was! They have been abroad for the last 3-4 months and it was an incredible joy to get to spend time with them. A whole day! I got to be with them for a full Saturday! and we had a wonderful time; sleep in, run out for a coffee, head to the beach, a drive to North Shore for Kua 'aina burgers...It could not have been any cooler.
SO! The Lord has been providing for me left and right. I come home to a house that is in great shape (not too many geikos, thank you Jesus!), a Target that is 5 miles away, and the beauty of God's creation!!
I could go on and on... It has been wonderful coming back.
Okay - so next week I get to go to the harbor and wait for the Jarvis to pull into port! the last time Nick was underway I picked him up from the airport, so I am excited to experience waiting on the dock! I think it will feel like an old movie, where the lady is waiting on the dock with all the people as they patienly wait for thier loved ones... :) so I will take lots of pictures of that.
sending a bunch of hugs from an excited wife!
Becky
AWE!!!! Wear a dress and a hat... just like in the olden days ;)
ReplyDeleteThe Kasmars were completely blessed to see you as well and come home and see the other half :) So happy we get to spend Nicks last night with him only wish you were here! We love you and cannot wait to August and then hopefully Hawaii sooner to reunite the four of us!!! Can't wait for Nick to be home with his wife :) xoxoxo The Kasmars!
ReplyDeleteLove Katee's suggestion - make it a throwback reunion.
ReplyDeleteYou must be SO excited to *finally* see Nick again.
Tell Nick to keep the posts coming; your "blog stalker" looks forward to them! ;)