One Whole Year


 That is how long Nick and I have been married! How cool is that?!? [...No, that is not how long it's been since I last posted as some of you thought :) ]  So much has happened in the last few months, but I think we can just pick up where we left off. 

God Stories.

It is all about Him. All about us looking to Him, after realizing that His plans, His Ways and His thoughts are far higher than ours and that they are always better than what we could have planned on our own.

I have been chasing Nick up and down the coast of California for the last 2 months. It has been an incredible adventure - one that we will remember for a long, long time (and it's not even over!). We have been able to see all of our family, mine and his, which is SO wonderfully refreshing and so much fun!!  
The Jarvis is now in the port of San Francisco getting a little make-over. I have been up here 20 mins south of the city staying with our wonderful friends B and T, Oh man do we love you guys. T is Nick's best friend since they were babies - they have many funny/awkward stories about one another and it is such a blast fun to hear them and for the four of us to be together. 

Our actual 1 year wedding anniversary is on Sunday (and we won't be able to be together) so we decided to celebrate it yesterday! The Lord blessed us so incredibly! Here are a few highlights:
 - Wine and chocolate raisins in our room when we arrived. 
 - Avenda Shampoo and Conditioner :)
 - Met a pro-military muni (bus) driver
 - Sat at a romantic table next to the water on Pier 39 for dinner
 - Received Free breakfast-in-bed this morning! 

For me, it is all the little things that add up. The Lord knows me and blesses me like crazy. And He has given me a husband who blesses me more than I ever thought one person could.  The scripture that The Lord gave me recently is Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thought are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." It goes on to explain that, just like the rain comes down on the earth and makes it bear fruit and sprout, so does His Word. It does not return to the Lord without accomplishing, without succeeding in the matter that He sent it. 

This brings me such comfort - makes me want to know God's character better. It really makes me surrender to His Plans and His Ways. Our day together yesterday is just one example, one "stone of remembrance" that speaks of God's provision, His good plans, and His character. Today I feel like a true Princess of The King. Thank you Jesus!! 

Okay - one other note. Nick and I both have some really cool photos that we want to share!! Pictures from his travels over the last 3 months and ones from me being in California. Unfortunately, neither of us have the cords to upload them to the blog at the moment, so... Coming soon!

I want to say that I will blog a little more often as our schedules slow down a bit... but they are not going to slow down anytime soon :). Adventures in the Lord are what we prayed for!! :D But we will try! 

Love to you all,
Becky

PS: Thanks B for your incredible PR / travel agent skills - The Lord used you mightily for sure!! I owe you one :)

Comments

  1. Oh Man I cannot wait to hear more about the chocolate in the room! That is so AWESOME! I have learned from the best travel agent ever, my future mom-in-law!! T and I love you both right back!!! Yippee the BLOG is ALIVE!!! The Lord is so good to you, to us to everyone!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on surviving your first year of marriage! The Lord is so good and will continue to bless you guys abundantly as you continue to seek Him. We love and miss you SO much!!! Love from Colorado <3 <3 <3 Can't wait to see the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooo! A blog post from the 302 annex!:))
    Congratulations on a very fast and memorable first year of marriage. You two look like pros, really!!
    Can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful faces especially some of t, b, you and Nick!!
    love you so much
    xo
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
    I am just in awe of the Lord's goodness and sovereignty in this season of your lives... He's really doing far more than imaginable! He always seems to sort of blow our minds when we allow Him :)
    love you and excited to see photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free