Talked to Nick today!

Man - these phone calls are so life-giving. I got a call from Nick today. They pulled into port and are getting ready to go back out to patrol. In Dutch Harbor, there is no cell service, so the guys have to call from pay phones. Luckily the phones are inside, so their hands don't freeze while talking!

Nick said he and Justin are going to go snowboarding today!! I love it - the boat has a bunch of "morale gear" that they can use, including snowboards. We joked that maybe he will break his arm and get to come home? :/ no, no don't pray for that, although I wish I could see him sooner!!

Another exciting thing...I bought a ticket to fly back to California!! :D I will be coming the first week in March! It was really an encouragement to know that I will be seeing people I love in just one month's time. The Lord knew I would need that to survive this next month.

The Lord has given me another full week with stuff to do: I am going to be house sitting for a friend who lives closer to town. She has a little Weiner dog who kinda looks like this and a cat. They should keep me busy.

I will leave you with a fun Alaska fact: The sun does not rise at Dutch until 10:45 AM! and it started getting dark around dinner time :( Nick will need to soak up a bunch of sun to make up for it after this patrol.

Comments

  1. ooh i like fun alaska facts! kind of a bummer so little sun but interesting none the less! So wonderful to hear you are coming home !!:)) now I have something to look forward to!!
    xoxo
    love j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tank is once again filled up!!! So proud of Nick!! So proud of you Becky, you have kept the Lord first and grown in Him! I look forward to seeing you in March! Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was so excited to hear the news today! Wow only one month to go...Yipee! God is sooo good :) Can't wait to see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I was just telling a friend today how much I want to visit SB. I miss you all so much it is always hard for me to even read the updates because it makes me want to cry. Love you Beck! Hang in there...it will be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back to visit and I LOVE THE PICS! You are soooo cute! Exactly one month today until the Lord sends you to be loved by everyone in CA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free