God's Grace is Suffient for me!

Over the last few 2 months, the Lord has done so much in me and in those around me. I can't wait to share some of the stories with you! Hopefully in person, or over the phone for those of you far away :)

I am so excited to be heading to Kona to see my good friends Bethany and Luke this weekend! It is amazing how the Lord planned that...It is the perfect weekend and I am excited to hear from the Lord while I am there! Dreams of being in California come up almost daily now as I look forward to that flight! As I got ready for church this past Sunday, I can't help but long for the day Nick and I get to go to Reality, our church home...to worship and study with our church family...That will be a very sweet day.

Here is where the title of this post comes in...I have been wanting to share something with you.
My cousin Christine Edwards has a blog, where she shares what the Lord is showing and doing in her, her husband and their two boys. She is an incredible woman of endurance. As she shares how she is continually relying on the Lord to help her endure and to have true Joy through the trials in her life right now, I am always encouraged by her posts and her heart. I read this from her the other day and the words just jumped out and grabbed my heart.
(This is a devotion by Charles Spurgeon from his Morning and Evening book)

God's grace is illustrated and magnified in the poverty and trials of believers. Saints bear up under every discouragement, believing that all things work together for their good, and that out of apparent evils a real blessing shall ultimately spring - that their God will either work a deliverance for them speedily, or most assuredly support them in the trouble, as long as He is pleased to keep them in it. This patience of the saints proves the power of divine grace. There is a lighthouse out at sea: it is a calm night - I can't tell whether the structure is firm; the tempest must rage about it, and then I shall know whether it will stand. So with the Spirit's work: if it were not on many occasions surrounded with tempestuous waters, we should not know that it was true and strong; if the winds did not blow upon it, we should not know how firm and secure it was. The masterworks of God are those people who stand in the midst of difficulties, steadfast, immoveable -
Those who would glorify their God must expect to encounter many trials. No one can be esteemed before the Lord without many conflicts. If, then, your path is marked with many trials, rejoice in it because your life will provide greater evidence of the all-sufficient grace of God. As for His failing you, DON'T EVEN DREAM OF IT - hate the very thought of it. The God who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end.

The imagery of the Lighthouse has really stuck with me.
To sum this up, a quote from Christine, "What honor it reflects on the gospel when we have faith and trust in the Lord no matter the circumstance." AMEN!

Comments

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You and Nick were in my dream last night. You came to visit us... but we lived in California, but it was New York City. Weird, but how awesome to spend time with friends, if only in a dream, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so true right now! Thanks for sharing :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful read this morning..
    how many times I have felt so humbled that in spite of my inability to "wait" upon the Lord during difficult times that HE was and has remained faithful and works all things out in HIS time.
    love you so much and cant' wait to retrieve you from LAX!!!
    xoxoxo
    j

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free