Another week down

Hello there!

Another week has gone by. Nick and the ship are now up in Alaskan waters. Just to note - I was reminded that the details of the ships location is somewhat confidential. We are not supposed to announce or talk about their location. Only to our close family and friends, which you are :)
Nick sounds like he is in better spirits this time than he was when they first found out about their change in route.

I wanted to share a funny story from Nick. This past December Nick and I went to our friends' house for a Cheesy Christmas Sweater party (and I posted a picture a few weeks ago if you are interested). When we wives found out we were to put together a box of warm clothes to send to our husbands, Aubri and I thought it would be funny to send them their cheesy sweaters from the party. Nick's sweater was wool and would be warm, and we hoped it would give them a laugh. Nick said he was really glad I sent it :)
Then, I got an email from Nick a few days ago saying that every other week each department on the ship is responsible for preparing, serving and cleaning up after the evening meal. The other night was the operations department's turn (which he is apart of). Nick and Justin ended up serving the food in their cheesy sweaters, and everyone got a huge kick out of it! He said the XO even mentioned them in his evening update over the ships pa system. I love it :)
He also said that the seas had really calmed down and that they only had one night of rough seas! So thank you to those who were praying for that!

Well, God has surrounded me with some really fun women to hang out with :). This week I am very excited to start a Bible study called The Truth Project. It is a study exploring how, as Christians, we are to have a Biblical worldview - what that means in practical, daily decisions. I am very excited and hope to share some of what I learn here.

Hope this finds you well - please feel free to comment or send me and email and say hi :) I like hearing from you.

Becky

Comments

  1. Always so wonderful to get an update from you Becks! AND wonderful news to hear about Nick and the weather, you can count me among those that are praying for that specifically :))
    I am so blessed at how your time is being spent this go out, you are already a pro in knowing how to pass the days with Nick gone! so proud of you! Thank you Lord for how you provide!
    love j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick has always had such a GREAT sense of humor! What a crack up!! Love to read your updates...blessings to you Becky!
    Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that story! What a great addition to the uniform too!! Love it :) Yes and praying for a safe journey for the both of you wherever it may lead you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey becky...
    so glad to hear about how life is going for both of you and the strength you possess in your time apart. you are blessed to have one another. thanks so much for giving us a way to stay in touch.
    xoxo
    aubrei

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free