Another new season

Another new season has begun for Nick and I this January first. Nick is scheduled to go underway on the Jarvis this coming Saturday, January 3rd.

I will be posting more on that in the coming days I am sure. But right now, all I can think of is how blessed we have been with the most FUN memories! The last 2 weeks have been filled with so much joy and laughter and I am so Thankful to God for each one of them!! Having my sis-in-love here with us for Christmas was a huge encouragement to us. Man do we love her.
So much happened in those 7 days - I can share more of those stories later.

The most recent memory-maker was last night, New Year's Eve. We celebrated with our friends, the Acosta's. Oahu treats New Year's Eve like nothing Nick and I have ever experienced. Fireworks are legal here and Everyone buys them! It felt like we were in a war zone! We are driving on the freeway seeing blasts to the left and right sides while listening to the BBC news radio tell us about Israel bombing the West Bank - I felt like we got a taste of what it is like there!

We got to the house and there were probably 100 other people there already. I have never seen so many fireworks all at once, ever! I tried to take video, but these still will do it no justice. (This is one of those situations where I wish I could have tele-ported you here just to see it!)
All that said - I think this is Nick's new favorite holiday. We got there and they had tons of freshly homemade Mexican food....Mexican food and Fireworks?!?! A dream come true :)

As I type this, my hair still smells like sulfur from all the fireworks! We drove home and you could not see more than 10 feet in front of you because of all the smoke. What an experience!

~~Nick has duty and is on the boat today. He will come home tomorrow morning and we will have our last day together before they head out. Please be praying for us, for Nick that the Lord would bless this trip and would use Nick mightily and Bless him so much!
I am excited to get back into more of a routine with our blog and to share more of what the Lord is teaching me in the coming months.

Ooh, one last thing. At church this past Sunday our pastor encouraged us to really stop, take a half hour, a couple hours, a day to really ASK the Lord what He would have for you in 2009. To really pray and go through the Word and Hear from the Lord some goals, Vision for this next year. I Love That! I really want to have vision from the Lord where He would have me and how He would have me grow in this next year. I would encourage you all to do the same!

Love you - Will be typing/chatting with you again soon,
Becky

Ps: Here is a quick pic of us in our Cheesy Sweaters from Christmas :) More to come soon.

Comments

  1. Yes, that evening sounds like it was tailor made for Nick, and something tells me you enjoyed it that much more because of it! :))
    Thank you for caring and loving meems in your cozy, beautiful sanctuary, word on the street has it that you are a prov 31 diva!! I am so proud of you :)
    Happy New Year to the two of you!
    love
    j mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that your holidays have been so rad!
    and yes... you remind me (AGAIN... like the 10th time this week) that without a vision the people PERISH... I think that's in one of the prophets' books.
    hmm...
    the Lord will meet you guys in such rad ways and I'm stoked to hear about it!
    love you both !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free