And they're off.

The Jarvis is officially underway and is half way across the Pacific from Hawaii to the mainland. I heard from Nick yesterday and heard that they were pushing through 8-10 foot swells and that most of the guys on the boat had gotten sea sick! :( The seas have calmed and it seems their Sea Legs are a bit stronger now.

I cannot believe that Nick is underway again - I cannot believe that Christmas already came and went! Nick and I had the most amazing first Christmas and New Years'. I am incredibly grateful for these last few months we had together!!

The Lord has been blessing me with so many little encouragements since Nick left. I am so thankful that He has filled my time with other ladies whose husbands are gone and times of peace and calm in our house. He is so Faithful to provide and take care of me! I was so excited to get Martha Stewart's new cook book "cooking school" from Nick for Christmas. I love reading it and learning new techniques. The other night I was feeling ambitious and made angel hair pasta with creamy Parmesan sauce from Robin Miller's cook book. Then Tuesday night I made "General Tso's Chicken" which I was not familiar with until I made it. It's like the Chinese chicken you order for take out; chicken, a light batter with some brown rice and snow peas - yum!
I am going to my friend Christine's house for a movie night on Friday and am making the Trader Joe's cornbread that my mom-in-love so Lovingly sent to us in our Christmas box!! Cannot wait to share it!

There is so many other little vignettes that have happened the last few days, but I do not want to blabber on too long ;) They just all point to the fact that GOD is so Good, so loving and so Faithful - He is in every detail! He is worthy to be praise no matter the circumstances. Just reminds me of the necessity to keep Trusting in, Relying on and Confidently Leaning on the Lord for all things.

Pray this finds you well and that you are encouraged today.
love you dearly!

Comments

  1. So So true and so easily forgotten in times of struggle! I am so happy God has put wonderful people in your lives :) Oh and I LOVE TJ's cornbread...match it with their chili, oh so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free