Rain Storm

Hi everyone!
We are having a big rain storm here on Oahu today. The severity of it should pass before noon today, but it is incredible home much damage rain and wind can make.
Nick has been out on the boat for the last few days - they go out into the open water to make sure everything is working properly before they leave for their next patrol on January 3rd. He will come home tonight :)

Since our husbands' were gone last night, I went to my friend's house for dinner (whose husband is also on the Jarvis). We knew we were going to get some bad weather, so I planned to stay the night. This morning I left to head home and realized it was going to take me a lot longer than expected! There are all kinds of road closures all over the island because of flooding. The rain pours really hard here, and since it had been pouring since the night before many regular streets and bridges are flooding! I saw at least 7-10 tow trucks helping cars that had gotten stuck in the water or had spun out. I took some pictures on my cell phone (while driving very slow, carefully and only at when I was stopped - Really glad we have a Jeep) and wanted to share them with you.


This is a picture of the street you turn on to get to our house.

I got to go off-roading/mud-bogging all the way home! Pretty crazy.


I have much more to share and more pictures coming in the next few days!


Comments

  1. Is this normal for there? that seems like a tremendous amount of flooding!!
    xo
    j

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

unpacked :)