The beginnings of our first Christmas
Venture back with me, if you will, to the weekend after Thanksgiving.... Saturday morning Nick and I had waffles for breakfast with cranberry sauce on top, then started out to run some errands. As the day unfolds, it becomes rainy and a little cooler temperature-wise - colder than usual. It actually felt a little more like Christmas time!! So we got very excited and decided to go get our first real Christmas Tree! The pine trees get shipped over here from the mainland and we heard that they sell very quickly. A friend of mine sent me a message saying that she heard there was a farm here on the island that sells real trees. So we went there to check it out. We were a bit dissapointed to find out that these are not like "mainland" pine trees, they are more the Charlie Brown kind :) But we had fun walking around and taking pictures. This is our favorite tree:









Nope, it did not smell pine-like.
I had to wear my beanie and scarf just to say I wore them while at a tree farm.
After that, we went straight to the military commissary to buy our tree. It was just sitting there waiting for us to take it! ;) So we brought it home, put on some Christmas music and decorated it.
Can you tell I am excited to bring home my first real Christmas tree?
I love having the pine smell in the house! Although, with 80 degree weather, we are praying it stays alive until the 25th! Now - on to the decorating.
So Fun!! We love it.
The last few days we have been hitting up the sale racks to get our final gifts. We have also been fighting the lovely holiday traffic. In that situation I take it upon myself to begin singing Christmas carols in hopes of not getting frustrated. The other day Nick and I were attempting to remember all 12 days of Christmas...
...10 lords a leaping? yeah...well I know it is 7 swans a' swimming... :) And whoever wrote that song was a bird lover - Calling birds, french hens, turtle doves, partridge, swans... And a french hen in a pear tree?
So - my parting words to you:
If someone cuts you off,
and you see them on their cell phone,
And they give you a nasty glare because they get frustrated at You...
Sing a little Christmas carol :)
ooohhh your tree is beautiful you two!! I love the way the living room looks too. How i wish we could be with you this Christmas :(
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the update, always enjoyed.
I love you both,
love mom
xoxox
Oh I love the tree..the shells, so beautiful! Your house is so cozy!! Yeah for Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy tree you have. It's so much fun celebrating your first Christmas together as a family esp. with Meems too. I'm likin the singing idea too, cause these people are driving like maniacs I tell ya! Have a beautiful Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the sea shells on your tree....did you make them? Everything about your home is so cozy and darling! Most of all the newlyweds! Sounds like you two are having a wonderful first Christmas together! It will really be wonderful when M joins you!
ReplyDeleteMuch love
I love the tree but more importantly I love your ending advice. It will help me get through the weekend rush. I haven't do any shopping yet!!! Yikes.
ReplyDelete