the last few weekends
Hi there!
The last few weekends Nick and I have been doing all sorts of things; camping, grilling, painting, cleaning, driving and shopping (well, that was me this Saturday) :). Nick has duty today, when stays on the boat overnight, so I had some extra time to sit down and upload some pictures!
I want to tell you all what has been occupying some of my planning and thoughts. I am extremely excited to be hosting Thanksgiving at our house. Nick and I both cannot wait to try it! We have invited two girls we met at our church (who are from Santa Barbara) to come over and share it with us!
So now that we are hosting an official dinner, I have begun to plan and prep. Dinner Tonight is a blog that I check for recipes, from the makers of Everyday Food/Martha Stewart. I checked it a few days ago and the post was "First Thanksgiving: Equipment" (click to view the post). It was perfect for me! So today, I headed to Macy's to get some cookware/ bakeware to help me with a Thanksgiving feast!
Then, I found this light green serving tray (which goes well with green napkins I have). I just have to say - original price $32.00. I got it for $9.51 ;)
Here are the napkins I am thinking about using - dark green with woven sequins :) a nice, dressier touch.
This is a wire 2-tier plate stand I found! It's from Martha Stewart.
These are some shell strands that I found at a local store...I think they are pretty and wanted to share.
Next order of business... Menu. I will have to get back to you on that one.
Here are some pictures of Nick and I checking out the first big surf swell of the winter. This is us driving to the North Shore.
haha, and the traffic. Everyone else knew the swell was coming in!
This is the view back over the other side to where our house is.
Since we have moved away from the beloved Kahuna Grill, we have found a burger place here on the islands that is really good... it just makes us miss Dale!! Kua'Aina burgers are pretty tastey - this is us with the avocado burger (you get half an avocado on each burger!)
We have been having many interesting conversations about the state of our country, our new President elect and what we think the future holds. Such an interesting time we are living in. It is especially interesting when Nick's job is directly effected by the President's decisions where the military is concerned. I don't know much about strategic political decision making and finding solutions for our economy, for the wars we are involved in, writing a speech in response to Russia and other hostile nations. But what I do know is enough:
My Commander-In-Chief Jesus Christ is in control, on the throne, and the Bible is Real and it is The Truth.
I am going to just stick with what I know.
:This is Team Dellar signing off:
ooohhhh how fun to see your latest post, like water to my soul :))
ReplyDeletethanks so much for catching us up Becks! Love you to the moon and back!
xo
j
I believe the invitation you extended to the girls is the beginning of a tradition for you and Nick. It will be a fabulous day for you all. Looks like you made some good purchases...the meal begins with a smile, a gracious attitude and a Thankful heart and ends with a full tummy and more smiles! You will do fabulous, you've got your man by your side! Send more photos!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Is that a runaway hot dog on the ground to the left of the BBQ? ha, ha, ha
ReplyDeleteAHHH! This is the best post!
ReplyDeletelove the photos!
love the stories!
love your word of advice stating what you are trusting in... what you KNOW! :)
love you dellars!
so fun you have guests for thanksgiving! i am so excited for you. if you need any menu help i am here for you...just get me soon before ol' baby shows up :) thanksgiving is my favorite meal to cook...our christmas parties tell you that.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the waves closer as you get closer to winter. that will be something exciting!
love the bbq! perfect for the two of you...
and love your thoughts on our current affairs...let's keep that in focus and we will all be just fine!
love love love you! and miss you both very much! xoxo