playing catch-up
The last few weeks have gone by really quickly. My job and the workload has really increased and Nick has been at work late this past week finishing up some law enforcement training. I have so much I want to tell you all! It's funny...I have 2 or 3 drafts of posts that I have typed, but since I cannot find my camera at the moment, I do not have pictures to show you. I am saving those posts until I can get some pictures! In the mean-time here is a brief update:
Nick and I have continued to do stuff to our house. Little by little, week by week, we hope to add to and make it feel more like what we want "home" to be. We went to the garden store and we got some greens! I love when Nick takes me there - I feel like such a queen, getting to pick out whatever I want :D I fell in love with this little 79 cent succulent. I put it on my desk where I work :)
One other side project: to refinish our big standing mirror and a framed mirror that we will hang in the living room. I have had this solid wood standing mirror for about a year now - I was in Orange County with Cheryl shopping at the local consignment shop and came upon this huge mirror! had nothing wrong with it and were selling it for $100. You could not buy the mirror alone for that much! So I was very excited about that purchase. But I am even more excited to get painting on it! I think we are going to do it in a muted yellow... Kind of like this Pottery Barn color (click on the yellow version, not the green one).
(Pictures of that coming soon too).
This past Monday Nick told me that they were having Law Enforcement training all week! All people on the Jarvis interested (or required) to have Law Enforcement training needed to attend the training this week...the funny part? All the stuff that Nick did during his two weeks in South Carolina, he was trained in again this week (minus the pepper spray). I keep wondering why the Lord is giving Nick all this training! So, if anyone wants to know any self defense pressure points and killer moves, give Nick a call ;) He has taught me some!
Well, this weekend we are SO blessed to be able to go camping! We are going with some friends of ours and their church. I am really looking forward to it. Then I will really try to post some pictures next week :)
love you - thank you so much for reading.
Becky
Nick and I have continued to do stuff to our house. Little by little, week by week, we hope to add to and make it feel more like what we want "home" to be. We went to the garden store and we got some greens! I love when Nick takes me there - I feel like such a queen, getting to pick out whatever I want :D I fell in love with this little 79 cent succulent. I put it on my desk where I work :)
We placed the plants all around the house and then sat down on the couch. It is incredible how "at home" you feel with plants in the house! (pictures coming soon)
One other side project: to refinish our big standing mirror and a framed mirror that we will hang in the living room. I have had this solid wood standing mirror for about a year now - I was in Orange County with Cheryl shopping at the local consignment shop and came upon this huge mirror! had nothing wrong with it and were selling it for $100. You could not buy the mirror alone for that much! So I was very excited about that purchase. But I am even more excited to get painting on it! I think we are going to do it in a muted yellow... Kind of like this Pottery Barn color (click on the yellow version, not the green one).
(Pictures of that coming soon too).
This past Monday Nick told me that they were having Law Enforcement training all week! All people on the Jarvis interested (or required) to have Law Enforcement training needed to attend the training this week...the funny part? All the stuff that Nick did during his two weeks in South Carolina, he was trained in again this week (minus the pepper spray). I keep wondering why the Lord is giving Nick all this training! So, if anyone wants to know any self defense pressure points and killer moves, give Nick a call ;) He has taught me some!
Well, this weekend we are SO blessed to be able to go camping! We are going with some friends of ours and their church. I am really looking forward to it. Then I will really try to post some pictures next week :)
love you - thank you so much for reading.
Becky
awww, i just loved opening your blog and hearing your "voice", makes me long for a big ol hug from both of you!!
ReplyDeleteLove the yellow idea for your mirror, can't wait to see the after picture.Succulents are my fav, ever since mrs.d.j.Lionello introduced me i am a huge fan.So excited to see those touches you put into your home.I love you both so much.
love j
sounds fun! can't wait to see the mirror! with nick's talent it will be amazing! hope camping is fun. can't wait to see and hear all about it!
ReplyDeletelove you guys!