Never thought a rug could create such Joy
If you were standing next to me in my house right now you would see me jumping up and down, doing a little dance with a big smile, and probably laughing all at the same time. Tonight I went to Pier 1 in search for a rug and some living room furnishings. I have not had much luck with Pier 1 in the past, but here in Honolulu, I seem to like a lot of what they have.
I walked around, picked up some pillows and then found a rug. At first I wondered why I even liked it, but it was the last one, the display was all they had left... "I'll Take it!" So I brought it home, made a quick dinner (pecan crusted chicken with sautéed zucchini, De-lish!) and laid the rug down. I just love it! Had no idea I would like it so much.
(hehe - you will notice all the boxes piled up in the back left corner ;) the moving company is coming to pick those up this week)
Then, getting creative, I went and grabbed the jute rug we have in our bedroom and put it under the kitchen table, just to see what it looks like....
Will have to take some measurements to make sure I get the right size for the table, but Now I am in the market for another jute rug :D
So fun getting all this stuff...
The Lord had been providing for me and His presence has been so comforting - just knowing I am not alone! Will try and update more later, just Had to get these pictures up because I was so excited!
I love it! I think it looks great. Nick is going to love coming home to you and the wonderful home you are creating. can't wait to see you more pics!
ReplyDeleteYour place is so adorable. I love seeing how cute you are making everything. It all looks so awesome. It's fun setting up house isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that God is meeting you in every place and filling your aloneness with Him. You know this is all so valuable for you. It's easy for us women to look to our husbands to fill the aches and loneliness we feel from time to time. I can still feel that aloneness in a house full of children, sometimes. It's an ache that comes sometimes in the midst of life.
What you are being given is a beautiful chance to find that filling of the loneliness in the only one who can fill it. And that will be something you will carry with you throughout your life. What a blessing to see how He comes for you.
Hugs,
Julie
I think the rug us AWESOME!! Super cute and original... it looks great too with the pillows matching the table legs.. love it!! I know isn't it fun getting all your stuff together.. i had such a good time with that...
ReplyDeletebethany
oh yup! The jute under the dining table does look great! AND i love the rug even more today and you know how excited i was about it yesterday!!! Nick is going to be so happy with his wifes incredible decorating style.
ReplyDeleteGood Job Becks!
love j
Wow looks great! I love the color scheme..my two favorite colors, green and white with a hint of brown! I will have to take decorating tips for when I get my own place :) Nick is such a lucky guy! Can't wait to see the finished product! Very beautiful.
ReplyDelete