Uplifted
This past weekend was very encouraging.
Saturday I attended a Progressive Dinner planned by the woman at our church One Love. During a Progressive Dinner, you attend a different house for each part of the meal; appetizers at one house, main course at another, and dessert at another. I would love to plan one at our house! It was a great way to meet woman and hear their stories and where they are in their life. It was encouraging because you hear how these ladies found the Lord, how they started coming to this church and what is going on in their lives.
One woman said she has been clean of smoking for 7 weeks and needs prayer for her husband who does not know Jesus, another has lived here for 6 months as she is house sitting for a friend who is away on deployment, and then another couple who have been called to the church who moved here in May.
Then on Sunday, I had two woman meet me at church, both whose husbands are on the Jarvis as well! It was really fun having two woman to sit by :) I left church feeling so filled, so excited because the Lord has SO MUCH MORE PLANNED for these 3 months...More than any of us could have ever asked or thought! It is the Character of God to do so! He is just putting all sorts of woman in my path. Over a span of 3 days, I have met four woman who are in need of encouragement as their husbands are gone on leave with the Navy or the Coast Guard. How crazy that God would choose to use little me, married two and a half months, to encourage woman who have been married for 4, 5, 9 years and have kids! So incredible, so humbling...
In addition to this, I feel so Uplifted in prayer! I can just feel the prayers of others on my and Nick's behalf - I am indebted to you prayer warriors!
Thank you Lord for Unity.
Yay God! And way to go Becky! I know from personal experience that you are a very uplifting person to be around :o) You are just soaked in the Lord and it drips off onto others!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing. i am so encouraged that the Lord is taking care of every detail in your life! I knew He would be faithful to! He is that good! you are an encouragement to all of us.
ReplyDeletelove you and miss you much!
this time is so purposeful Becky,
ReplyDeleteThe Lord is being so generous with HIMSELF as we are all seperated by distance at this time, but we are all being strengthened in intimacy with the Lord as a result
I miss you and n and m so much but smile when i think of the day of our reunion!
Sending you an extra big hug and love today.
I love you,
love j
Becky,
ReplyDeleteHow awesome of Papa God to give you these gifts.
I am not surprised that you are an encouragement to those women. I can tell by what you write that you have a beautiful heart that desires to bear Him.
Hugs from Georgia,
Julie
Becky, you are and always have been a hurricane force wind of encouragement. Clearly you have faith in a really big and glorious God.
ReplyDeleteBlessings ~ Ivan