Making a house a home
As I sit here this morning drinking my tea while working from the kitchen table, I just really get excited to make this house our home. For it to be ours, with our creative touch, with what the Lord has given us, for peace to always reign.
It is really neat because Nick and I have been praying that our house with be one filled with peace, a house of prayer, a place where you can escape the worries of the world and just rest. I know that prayer changes things! and that the Lord loves to bless us with peace when we ask Him.
I would love to hear some of the ways that you make your house a home.
Practical ways that you make your space one that is treasured and yearned for ("I can't wait to be home"). Would love to hear your prayers for your "space" and any practical advice. Please comment on this with your thoughts :) Whether a house, an apartment, a room, or a certain nook that you treasure - I would love to hear about it! I really do treasure all your advise and wisdom.
...sweets baking, yummy food to gather around the table with, the smell of candles, and most of all open arms to welcome with! Can't wait to visit with Julie someday soon! If only we could drive across the Pacific it would be sooner rather than later.
ReplyDeleteso thoughtful of you to ask...
ReplyDeleteI just don't know where to begin..
prayer.. most definitely..
get togethers with friends fills the house with memories...
fresh flowers, candles, ct on the ipod :),really comfy places to lay your head..all help make the house feel inviting but it's the love that you extend to each other and those that enter the front door that i believe make a house feel like home..
xxoo
j
ok - i may seem obsessed saying this but i enjoy reading your blog. I subscribe to it in my .mac account so whenever i see a new entry i get to read it.
ReplyDeletethey make me so happy for you guys and we can relate in so many ways! i wish you lived here.
I am so jealous of the photo that says "HER WORK" to the right hand side you have no idea? How can i get a job working from home with your company? you better let me know when there are openings, i'd be great at it!
:-) I can already see it now - a picture of laguna beach or creek with my feet taking a picture back at you in hawaii - many miles of ocean away...
haha we could be co-workers dude!
Hi sweets :) Today I went home for lunch and because I knew Ben would get home before me and hungry... I left a note that his dinner was in the fridge, all prepared and ready to reheat! The best way I've found to make the house peaceful besides decor is to fill your man with good food especially when he's not expecting it! XOXOXOXOXO
ReplyDeleteI think it's most important to fill your home with love. Unconditional love. And being real with one another. You get the "real deal" when you come to our home. No pretense or fakeness.
ReplyDeleteI also love the sound of voices. Right now we have 50 high schoolers in our backyard. I love the sound of them talking/laughing/praying (as I type).
I pray, dear Becky, that your home will be the home that all your kids and their friends want to hang out at!
What a great question, girl! xo
Hey Becky! I agree with everyone else, Love is huge!! Couple things I have done to make my house a home, I created any inspiration corner in my room. A place where I can add quotes, verses, pictures and more, anything that inspires me. Also, a nice comfy bed to get a good nights rest is always wonderful :) I could go on and on, but a place of peace and warmth makes my house a home!
ReplyDelete