Wonderful Cooks

I know so many woman who are incredibly gifted cooks. Since I am now a 5 hour flight away, I realize how blessed I was to have experienced their cooking and hospitality!!  Their love, their eye for detail and easy tips have encouraged me in my own cooking for our family of two! 

I am especially grateful for the times I had with them the few weeks before I got married. I felt so loved during that time! A simple waffle breakfast (with greek yogurt and organic fruit jam -unparalleled!), a stop by this house for an amazing lunch, left over dinner at "home" that was always out of this world, a little dinner party with my closest friends (and Favorite menu!) - I am so blessed by those who use that gift of hospitality.  My husband would not be well fed if it was not for you and your recipes!

Since Nick and I left so quickly after the wedding, we only were able to take a few gifts in our luggage with us. One of which was a large, flat white envelope. I was very curious to see what was inside (I knew it was too big to be a card).  I opened it and it was a hand-made Apron!! 




(That is a picture of me wearing it, even though you cannot see it!)

I just love it! Last night I started making dinner (while Nick was on his way home), put on my apron, had Sergio Mendez Brazil 66 playing and just was having the greatest time in the kitchen :)  I am so thankful for Amber who made it for me - I think it is one of the best wedding gifts to give!
_that was my fun Monday night_

Comments

  1. Look at you little hottie homemaker!! is my son blessed or what?!! that apron is so darn cute, is that Amber of Matt and Amber? what a great,thougthful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE aprons and fully agree about the benefit of spending time with wonderful cooks in SB. I learned so much while I lived there. You are a beauty Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable. you make a perfect wife and a wonderful cook for your husband! i promise to send you more recipes soon. especially nick's favorite banana pie delight!
    love you and sure do miss you at our dinner parties!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

unpacked :)