Underway
Well...
This morning I drove Nick to the Coast Guard base on Sand Island, to the Jarvis, where he will be spending the next 90 days. With a kiss goodbye and a northface bag in tow, he headed up the stairs and onto his 378-foot, new yet temporary home.
Nick and I had the most amazing last week together (I will have to post some pictures of those adventures tomorrow). The Lord truly brought comfort to us both and we have so many wonderful memories, just from this past week!
After a handful of encouraging and confirming phone calls, I got excited that this new chapter in our relationship has begun. The unknown adventures that lie ahead uplift my heart because we have the hope that He who promised is Faithful and this Hope is an anchor to our soul, a hope both sure and steadfast. (Hebrews 10:23 and 6:19)
An "anchor" to the soul...think about that one for a while.
_sending love_
Oh Becky, you are so strong. I am proud of you. God made you perfect for Nick in these situations and it is your faith and hope that will get you through. We know that with obedience comes blessings, so wait in expectation. I love you sister!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that the Lord is your strength and peace during this time away from your hubby. I have found when Nate and I are apart for even a couple of days, our marriage seems to grow stronger. May His joy fill you :-)
ReplyDeleteDear Sweet Becky....
ReplyDeleteI remember that day in our lives 24 years ago... when David boarded the cutter for his TDA. I cried all the way from Florida to Tennessee, I think.. It felt like part of my body was leaving. Though I knew it was temporary, my emotions still felt it.
You are in my thoughts today.
Yes, God has AWESOME things in store for you both.
Hugs,
Julie
(from Georgia, former Coast Guard wife)
HI Becky & Nick:
ReplyDeleteBecky, I know you hardly know me, but I wanted to say thank you for sending so much love in your blogsite. Julia Dellar sent me your sight and Meehan's too. I am always in a rush running around but when I stop and read I just smile and feel more thankful! Thank you for sharing...I love hearing all about yours and Nicks life....so even though you do not know me well, I want to say thank you.....amazing how one can be blessed :) Love, Vicki Viso