The "Test Drive"
I mentioned yesterday that Nick's boat and crew are doing a test drive with their boat, making sure everything is working properly. Yesterday Nick went to work as usual and I got a text message at around 5:00PM saying they had not pushed off yet. Then at 7:45 PM I got a text message saying "We are here, come out so you can see!". So I grab Nick's huge flash light, my cell phone, the house keys and walk down the street to the beach.
As I walk onto the sand, I look all over and cannot see the boat! I mean 378 feet is pretty big (I started questioning the quality of my eye-sight). I point the flast light out onto the water, scanning to the right and left, then my phone rings! It's Nick and it is really windy on his end, "Hi babe! Are you carrying a flash light?" "Yes! That's me!...but I can't see you!", he says "point it more to your right...a little more...a little more" and at this point I am pointing the flash light directly to my right, toward some bushes on the shore, and I see a light swaying back and forth, waving. I was a little scared that I had disturbed someone on the beach! Then realized is was NICK walking out from behind the bushes!!! Oh MAN that guy!!
So, the boat did not get underway - they told the crew to go home and they would get underway tomorrow. It took me like 5 minutes to actually realize he was standing next to me and didn't have to go back on the boat for the night!!
Here is what I saw at the beach :D
Oh I love my funny/sneaky husband!!
love it!
ReplyDeleteWolf!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! HA! I LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteKEEP HAVIN' FUN!!! HEHE... oh man... that's great! I can just see you being like... wait no wait wait hmmmm... lol! :)