Hike Diamond Head
Happy Wednesday. First of all, I need to say, it is incredible how I have been so encouraged and uplifted by seeing pictures of friends and family from home, getting little IMs, and email so far this week. I love that you are all just an email and blog picture away...Thank you Lord!
Okay..back to some Adventure ;) I wanted to give you a little weekend update. This past Sunday after church we hiked up Diamond head! Diamond head is this huge crater that was used by the military way back when (now it is a state park). We can actually see it from our house.
In order to get to the top, you first hike up a path that takes you to this tunnel carved directly through the crater rock.
(it was hard to silence the Indiana Jones theme song in my head at this point)
At the top, you come out to the top of this bunker and see where these men would sit with their huge guns ready to fire at any enemy coming our way:



This is the view of downtown Honolulu from the crater.
...this is the town we live in!
There we are in our hiking gear - it was toasty out there!
It is really neat seeing all the military bunkers here. It is so interesting as I compare what we see here to our lives. We went and saw the new Narnia movie last week and I was so ministered to! The child-like faith of the youngest girl who Sees the Lord when no one else does. The war that ensues when we move without the Lord and try and battle on our own without Him - our loved ones parish! Oh, but there is nothing to fear because the Lord is a Warrior on our behalf and His love is unchanging toward those who love Him. I just love the faith of that little girl...and I do not want to be caught unaware of the battle that is happening...
Nick is going to be on the boat for a little "test run" for the next couple days. This is where they are going to take the boat out of the harbor and make sure everything is working properly. This test run will give them a good idea if their scheduled leave date is realistic...be praying for the Lord's will to be done :) Nick said that I might be able to see their boat from our beach as they will be heading to the Navy base close to our house. I will try and get a photo of them if they come by!
Love you all!
Becky - I love reading your blog. I have to admit, I get kind of jealous sometimes :) It seems like you guys are having so much fun! God is good isn't he! And His creation is AMAZING! I really hope we can come visit. Are you going to be able to come to the reunion or is that still up in the air?
ReplyDeleteJustin and I just created a blog if you want to check it out: hiscrossourpassion.blogspot.com
Love You
Christine
Hi Becky,
ReplyDeleteOur prayers are always with you and Nick. We love and miss you so much! We NEED to get out there!!!!
I hope we get to come on an adventure with you guys some day soon :o) We LOVE adventures!
ReplyDeleteWow, i am so proud, you are such a great blogger!!! I can hear the indiana jones theme song too! we are definitely doing that hike when we come to visit.
ReplyDeletelove you both so very much,
love mama d
You are missed at Reality! Hans says Hi and that he misses you too... Your blog is sweet to read and your excitement for your new life is a blessing. Hugs to you!
ReplyDelete