14 minutes

Earlier today it had been 14 days since I had heard the voice of my salty sailor. Today radio silence was broken. Total and utter joy. I love how our emotions, memories are linked to sounds. I got to talk to him for 14 lovely minutes before he had to jump off. It was worth waiting for! I love his voice :)

"Not much to report" he says. He and a bunch of buddies were renting a car to journey around their undisclosed location.  I love it. I can just see them doing it. I started playing a mix that nick made before he left and it brought a smile to my face imaging them listening to the same tunes as they drive, searching for surf and adventure.

I am so grateful for the people the Lord has put around us during these times. I have some dear, dear friends around me here. We sure are getting good at joining together during these times, no matter what the circumstances.

After talking with Nick, I had another fun little occurrence. I called AT&T to pause his service (since doesn't use his phone while he is out). Reuben, the guy helping me (who was very obviously reading off a script on his computer screen in front of him) said that AT&T was very grateful for the sacrifice that we are making for our country. Wow. Now, I have heard this before, Geico says the same sort of thing every time I call. But today, it really blessed me - even knowing it was not heart felt from the man reading his script - I smiled and was so grateful that others are grateful!! It really lifted my disposition.

So there's my story. I simple Saturday. It's the little things that make all the difference. Like fourteen short minutes.

-becky

Comments

  1. Ah Becky...14 days without and 14 minutes with...it is so nice how you appreciate the big and the little things in life!! You have such a greatful heart. May the Lord bring another blessing that you hold dear upon you soon. And yes I too am very proud of your Salty man Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always so deeply overjoyed that you get those phone calls! I venture to say that no matter how many minutes it's just always good to hear each others voices!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July

The Best Things In Life Are For Free