little things
Here are a few things that have happened the last week or two. I have noticed that little things, the small happenings throughout my day that would otherwise seem forgettable or insignificant are actually very special to me! Here are few of them.


Yesterday I was so encouraged and just loving life with the Lord! So on a total whim, I drove out to Ko Olina to go for a run and try to catch the sunset. I sort of missed the sunset, but got a good run!






This past Saturday I had some women from our church over to the house. My friend Faye heads up the Deployed Spouses ministry through our church and I told her our home was available for a meeting! She is such a treasure of a friend - and her kids are so fun!! She calls me about beforehand and says she has one of those “rainbow” sprinklers that the kids could play with in the backyard – she was going to bring it over. I was planning on filling up the kittie pool too. I got to thinking I would throw my suit on and play with the kids!
When she arrived she told me that, upon leaving their house, they could not find their sprinkler! But on her drive over to my house, she saw a Garage Sale…"Lord, should we stop and look?" They stopped in and found a fountain sprinkler for 25 cents :) This story made me so happy. I love it when the Lord leads us like that!
All that said, I am pretty positive the kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly.
Yesterday I was so encouraged and just loving life with the Lord! So on a total whim, I drove out to Ko Olina to go for a run and try to catch the sunset. I sort of missed the sunset, but got a good run!
Then, I was rummaging around in my “craft” boxes looking for something and found a treasure box: It had love notes from Nick, emails he sent me when we were dating, old pictures and little stubs and reminders of things we have done together. I was so encouraged reading through all these cool cards Nick gave me while we were dating! . Everyone should have a box like this - hide it somewhere so that you forget where it is and find it someday :)
My neighbor Desirre has two dogs, Sonia and Guss. It is very nice to have two dogs that I can borrow for a quick run on the beach or to bring over and have company.
Guss French Bulldog (I can't help but think of the little mouse from Cinderella when I look at him)
Sonia - Golden Retriever (my favorite!)
And THEN just today, I got the coolest gift in the mail from my little friend Reagan. She sent me some goodies and some "fall" love. I love you Reags! I really LOVE the leaves that were in the bottom of the box!! Thank you so much S.
I am so blessed!
That's all for now...
Get to talk to Nick soon!!
It sounds like you are very loved Becky...may you continue to find new adventures with each new day! The swimming pool looked so fun!!
ReplyDeleteLots of stuff to be encouraged by! I love seeing those pics! And I love tjs fall goodies! I am making trev the pumpkin bread when he gets home this weekend! Only a couple more weeks!!! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Fall box! I just made some TJs pumpkin bread on Tuesday when some of my mom friends came over to make hair bows for our girls.
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing all you have been doing! And what a sweet fall treat box! you must have soo loved getting that. Looking forward to hearing about more of those get togethers, sounds like a very special time.
ReplyDeleteLove you so much!
love j
I love the pictures of the dogs, very precious.
ReplyDeleteLove it when you're moving in the spirit - this post made me SMILE :) xx
ReplyDelete