a couple house pictures
We have hung up some pictures around the house - so I took pictures of the pictures :)
The pictures in these frames are from a map that Nick got off the Jarvis.
Thank you Aubrie for our hanging baskets ( I love putting all colored fruits in there).
Thank you aunt Cristine for our awesome anchor placeholders! They welcomed Nick home.
Thank you Julia for sending the "I Do" letters (she used these to decorate at our rehersal dinner). I had them set up as "I Do" on the table and within the first 2 days being home, Nick had moved them around, as you can see. It either needs a question mark at the end, or an exclamation mark with valley girl attitude ;)
Apoligies for not posting more often. It has been interesting... when people ask how we are doing, I keep wanting to say "getting back to normal", but what is normality these days? Getting back to being married (we are so good at it already), used to having Nick around (a whole two weeks so far), used to living in Hawaii (5 months and going strong)? We don't really have anything "normal" to get back to ;) ha! but that is kind of fun anyway. I just have to watch my verbage. Maybe "getting back to newness" - what about "Trying to get a handle on adventurous lives with the Lord?" ;) Yeah, well being able to "handle" and control things isn't really adventurous, and hasn't really been a part of the game plan...so my final tag line should be:
"Getting back to trusting the Lord and His plan and not leaning on my own understanding - enjoying exactly where He has us today". Yes, that is what I want my heart to say everyday. So glad He is in control of things...
love you all.
Yes and yes... beautiful house Becky! And yes to the "normalness" of newly married and moved. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in that! :) But the Lord is faithful and leads us exactly where we need to go to keep leaning on him. Lots of love and miss you! XOXO Meg
ReplyDeleteOH WOW! LOVE your house you two.
ReplyDeleteI especially liked the little vignette with the bench and pictures... you are a good nesting team :)
thanks so much for sharing, to be able to get a visual on what your home looks like is so much fun.
Can't wait to see more one day, hopefully up close and personal.
xo
mom
Such cute photos!! You are a good decorator.. =)
ReplyDeleteYour home looks so inviting, so warm and so beachy!!! Not many newlyweds get to start off with such nice household items!
ReplyDeleteSo great! The house looks like a home! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love your tag line! Perfect for you right now!
Yay!!! Your home looks beautyful. I really like the white bench with the maps above. You guys are doing an awesome job with your place and I'm so excited that you have this time to be together again and enjoy your marriage. Lots of love to you...
ReplyDeleteAubrei
you know if you used your blocks to read D I O - it means GOD in Italian! ;-)! Love you both, Aunt Sue
ReplyDeleteBecky and Nick! oh my gosh i miss you more than words can describe looking through your blog was the best part about my day you guys! I just love it. Your house looks so incredible and Becky, I love how you doccumented the last 24 hours before nick got home. you look gorgeous and captured the time perfectly. Uh its just all so good! i miss you guys. I am finally healthy today.. so far so good. Been really sick for too long and I am going to get checked out tomorrow. But no big deal- learning lots and happy to be holding it together long enough to come check everyones posts. Cant tell you how full my heart feels having seen your faces and reading your words. Becky you are such a good wife i loved hearing your heart expressed about cooking warm meals. I know you are doing the best ever.i'm workignin a cafe here and have the most killer recipe for swedish chocolate ball.. we are so making them for christmas. I love you guys with all my heart I CANNOT wait to hang with you guys at Christmas.. I will not be able to get enough of you.xooxoxx hugs and kisses xoxox meems p.s nick the photos you took are radical. the one of the two peopel on the bench needs to get framed or the one withthe nets and purple flowers would look great in your house too. At a cafe with Dan right now and he was stoked on the one with the people on the bench.. thats really a good one. love you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures but most of all I love reading your thoughts! It's encouraging to read the way the Lord is working in your thoughts. Love it. Hope to read more of it but don't take too much time away from Nick and work of course:) -JK
ReplyDelete